A Masters week unlike any other has officially arrived.
Augusta National Golf Club is in full bloom this week, albeit surrounded by fall foliage instead of springtime azaleas. But the course itself looks as pristine as ever heading into the final major of a year the golf world won’t soon forget.
While Tiger Woods returns to Augusta as the defending champ, he’s not the one the field will be chasing according to oddsmakers. That distinction belongs to Bryson DeChambeau, whose odds have been slowly dwindling since his six-shot romp at the U.S. Open in September. DeChambeau was still available at 20/1 at PointsBet Sportsbook in July, but he was down to 12/1 heading into Winged Foot. A win there dropped him again to 10/1, and on Oct. 19 his price was cut again to 8/1 as he became the outright betting favorite for the first time.
DeChambeau didn’t have a top-10 finish in a major prior to his T-4 showing at the PGA Championship in August, but between his U.S. Open win and eye-popping distance gains he has become a popular bet, still sitting at that 8/1 price heading into tournament week. His best result in three Masters appearances came back in 2016, when he finished T-21 and won low amateur honors.
84th Masters Tournament: Full-field tee times | Full coverage
The top two players in the world rankings, Dustin Johnson and Jon Rahm, follow DeChambeau at 10/1 after both finished T-2 in their most recent start. Rory McIlroy is next in line at 11/1 as he looks to round out the final leg of the career Grand Slam, while Tiger Woods sits at 25/1 heading into his title defense.
Here’s a look at some of the other notable odds via PointsBet, with opening-round play now just three days away:
- 8/1: Bryson DeChambeau
- 10/1: Dustin Johnson, Jon Rahm
- 11/1: Rory McIlroy
- 12/1: Justin Thomas
- 15/1: Brooks Koepka, Xander Schauffele
- 22/1: Patrick Cantlay
- 25/1: Tiger Woods
- 28/1: Patrick Reed, Bubba Watson, Tyrrell Hatton, Hideki Matsuyama
- 30/1: Collin Morikawa, Tony Finau
- 33/1: Adam Scott, Jason Day, Webb Simpson
- 40/1: Tommy Fleetwood, Jordan Spieth, Matthew Wolff
- 50/1: Louis Oosthuizen, Rickie Fowler, Justin Rose
- 60/1: Sergio Garcia, Paul Casey, Matthew Fitzpatrick, Scottie Scheffler
- 66/1: Phil Mickelson, Shane Lowry
- 80/1: Lee Westwood, Cameron Smith, Cameron Champ, Sungjae Im
- 90/1: Francesco Molinari, Matt Kuchar, Gary Woodland, Jason Kokrak, Abraham Ancer
- 100/1: Ian Poulter, Marc Leishman
- 125/1: Brandt Snedeker, Billy Horschel, Henrik Stenson, Brendon Todd, Kevin Kisner
- 150/1: Zach Johnson, Corey Conners, Si Woo Kim, Bernd Wiesberger, Danny Willett, Erik van Rooyen, Sebastian Munoz, Matt Wallace
– Will Gray manages NBC Sports’ gambling and DFS content for golf