The PGA Tour winners from 2017 are kicking off the new year in Kapalua at the Sentry Tournament of Champions. Here are the key stats and information for the first event of 2018. Click here for full-field tee times.
How to watch (all rounds on Golf Channel):
Thursday, Rd. 1: 6-10PM ET; live stream: http://www.golfchannel.com/pgastream
Friday, Rd. 2: 6-10PM ET; live stream: http://www.golfchannel.com/pgastream
Saturday, Rd. 3: 3-7PM ET; live stream: http://www.golfchannel.com/pgastream
Sunday, Rd. 4: 6-10PM ET; live stream: http://www.golfchannel.com/pgastream
• Thomas is the defending champion. He finished three shots ahead of Hideki Matsuyama.
• Thomas has recorded six PGA Tour wins since the beginning of last season.
• He was 49 under par on the Hawaiian swing last year; best in a single year in PGA Tour history.
• Spieth has a 67.67 scoring average at the Plantation Course (best all-time, minimum eight rounds).
• He also has recorded 7.2 one-putts per round at the Plantation Course (most all-time, minimum 12 rounds).
• He won at Kapalua in 2016.
• Johnson won this tournament in 2013; he finished T-6 last year.
• He has recorded a win in each of the previous 10 PGA Tour seasons (longest active streak).
• He has been ranked No. 1 since winning at Riviera last February.
• Rahm has finished in the top 5 in 13 of 36 official worldwide starts as a professional.
• He is making his first apperance at Kapalua.
• He started 2017 ranked No. 137; finished at No. 4.
• Matsuyama finished T-3 and second in two career starts in the Tournament of Champions.
• He won twice in 2017 (Waste Management Phoenix Open, WGC-Bridgestone Invitational).
• Fowler is making his third career start in this event (previous finish: fifth in 2016).
• He won twice in 2017 (Honda Classic, Hero World Challenge).
• He rose from No. 12 to No. 7 in the world ranking in 2017.
(Stats provided by the Golf Channel editorial research unit)