The PGA Tour travels to he Lone Star State for the Valero Texas Open. Here are the key stats and information for play at the difficult TPC San Antonio. Click here for full-field tee times.
How to watch:
Thursday, Rd. 1: Golf Channel, 3:30-6:30PM ET; live stream: http://www.golfchannel.com/pgastream
Friday, Rd. 2: Golf Channel, 3:30-6:30PM ET; live stream: http://www.golfchannel.com/pgastream
Saturday, Rd. 3: Golf Channel, 1-2:45PM ET; live stream: http://www.golfchannel.com/pgastream; CBS, 3-6 p.m.
Sunday, Rd. 4: Golf Channel, 1-2:45PM ET; live stream: http://www.golfchannel.com/pgastream; CBS, 3-6 p.m.
Purse: $6.2 million ($1,116,000 to the winner)
Course: TPC San Antonio, AT&T Oaks Course (par 72, 7,435 yards)
Defending champion: Kevin Chappell (-13) by one over Brooks Koepka for his first PGA Tour victory
Notables in the field
• Garcia has made three of his last four cuts, with the obvious miss coming at the Masters, where he made a octuple bogey-13 on Thursday.
• Garcia would lead the Tour in strokes gained-tee to green but has not yet played enough rounds to qualify.
• He is making his first start at this event since 2010. Garcia served as a player consultant to course co-designer Greg Norman.
• Making his professional debut after spending 48 weeks as the top-ranked amateur in the world.
• Niemann is the reigning Latin America Amateur champion and is coming off a missed cut at the Masters.
• On a difficult layout, Hoffman owns the best cumulative score to par over the last five years at 24 under par.
• Hoffman also has recorced the most birdies and eagles per round at this event since 2010 with 4.38.